A:Hey, what sort of drinks do you want? Gatorade or water?
嘿,你想要什么样的饮料?佳得乐还是水?
B:Gatorade. It’s rich in Vitamin and it gives us energy and vitality.
佳得乐。它含有丰富的维生素,能给我们补充能量和注入活力。
A:Yes, that’s the exact thing we need. One for each.
是的。那正是我们需要的东西。一人一瓶。
B:What should we do, now with Jack out of the game?
我们应该怎么办?杰克已经退出比赛了。
A:We should choose from the backups.
我们从候补队员中选人吧!
B:That’s right. Spraining the ankle and breaking the leg are the common things during the match.
好的。扭伤脚踝,摔断腿是比赛当中很常见的事情。
A:That’s why we should learn to protect ourselves. Otherwise, the game is not worth the candle.
那就是为什么我们应该学会保护自己。否则,比赛就会得不偿失。
B:That’s for sure. During the back court, we should change the position we played.
那是当然的了,在下半场,我们应该调整我们打球的位置。
A:Yes, I played shooting guard, I like shooting and you’ll play inside, OK?
好的,我打得分后卫。我喜欢射篮,你打内线行吧?
B:I agree with you. I think we’ll play much better than before.
我同意。我想我们会比以前打得好。
A:Wow, the cheer-section is coming. The music is so fantastic.
哇,拉拉队上来了。音乐不错呀!
B:Yeah, look how passionate they are! Are they professional?
嗯,看她们多有激情呀!她们是专业的吗?
A:Well, you should ask your friend. You know I’m not the boss. Just kidding.
嗯,你应该问你的朋友呀!你知道我不是老板,只是个玩笑了!
B:Oops! I almost forget about it. Do you see the girl in the middle of the first line?
嗯,我差点忘了,你看见第一排中间的那个女孩了吗?
A:Yeah, what’s up?
嗯,怎么了?
B:Don’t you think she looks like your daughter?
难道你没看到她很像你的女儿吗?
A:I also have a doubt. Oh, kill me softly, she is May.
我也在怀疑,天哪,她是阿美。
注释:
vitality n. 活力
backup n. 后援
spain v. 扭伤
back court 下半场
passionate adj. 充满热情的
Gatorade 佳得乐,一种运动饮料,它已成为美国饮料的领导者。在美国各重大赛事时,都有它的出现。
The game is not worth the candle. 得不偿失。
2025国考·省考课程试听报名