A:Hello. Is this Ann?
喂,是安吗?
B:Yes, it is. Kelly?
我就是。凯莉吗?
A:Yes, it's me.
是的,是我。
B:Do you have a cold?
你感冒了吗?
A:No. Worse than that. I have a flu. I'm in bed with a fever.
不是,比那还糟。我得了流行性感冒,现在发烧在床。
B:Oh, no! What about your presentation today?
不会吧!你今天的报告怎么办?
A:I'd like to do it, of course. But I just can't.I'm afraid I'd fall down in the middle of it.
我当然很想作报告,但是就是不能。只怕报告没做完我就倒下了。
B:I understand. What should I tell Mr. Morley?
我了解。我要怎么跟莫利先生说?
A:Why not just tell him I'm sick? I'll ring him myself this afternoon.
就跟他说我生病了,今天下午我会自己打电话给他。
B:Alright. Have you been to see a doctor?
好的。你去看医生了没?
A:Not yet. I feel too lousy to go out.Anyway, I have a flu. I know what it is. I don't need a doctor to tell me that.
还没,我太不舒服而无法出门。总之我得了流行性感冒,我知道是什么病,不用医生来告诉我。
B:Do you think you'll be able to come in tomorrow?Or should I call off your appointments for tomorrow too?
你明天能来吗?或者是我也帮你取消明天的约定?
A:I'm not sure yet.Maybe this will all be gone in a day.So it's probably better if you don't call off my appointments.I will call you later this afternoon and tell you what I think.
我还没确定。也许这一天之内就好了,所以你不要取消约定比较好。下午我再打给你告诉你我的决定。
B:It's rainy weather today. Maybe it's better if you just stay inside.Make yourself some chicken soup and sleep.
今天下雨,你待在屋内比较好。给自己煮些鸡汤,然后睡一觉。
A:Yes, that's what I plan to do. Except I won't make the chicken soup.Right now I don't think I could swallow more than a spoonful of it.
我是想这么做,除了煮鸡汤之外。现在我连一汤匙都喝不下。
B:That bad, huh?
这么糟啊?
A:Yeah,I'm very nauseous.It's mostly nausea and a fever.
是的,我很想吐。主要是反胃和发烧。
B:Well, I'll cancel your appointments for today. And I'll tell Mr. Morley.
我会取消你今天的约定,而且跟莫利先生说。
A:Thanks, Ann. Talk to you this afternoon.
安,谢谢你。下午再跟你说。
B:Hope you feel better.
希望你好多了。
2025国考·省考课程试听报名