A:So, have you seen all three The Lord of the Rings movies?哎,指环王三部曲你看过吗?
B:Yes, but I didn't really like the third one at all.都看过,不过我一点儿也不喜欢第三部.
A:That's the Return of the King, right?是国王归来,对吗?
B:Yeah. Even though the customs were brilliant, I didn't think it was as good as the first two. What did you think?对.尽管服装做得很精致,但我还是觉得不如前两部拍的好.你觉得呢?
A:I thought the special effects were amazing, but I got a bit confused. The plot was too complicated for me.我觉得特技做得棒极了,不过我有点儿没看明白.情节对我来说太复杂了.
B:Did you read the books before you watched the movies?你看电影之前度过原著吗?
A:No. did you?没有.你看过吗?
B:Yes, I've read them many times. I think it's much easier to follow for people who were already familiar with all the characters.看过,而且看过很多遍.我觉得对书中的人物角色熟悉了之后,再去理解电影里的人物就能容易得多.
A:Yes, trying to keep track of all the characters was quite confusing for me.是啊, 我总想把复杂的人物关系理清楚,结果越弄越糊涂.
B:I also think that it was much better in the theatre than at home.而且我还觉得,去电影院比在家的观影效果要好得多.
A:Most movies are. Another problem for me was the film was dubbed in German with English subtitles.大多数片子是这样的.还有个问题,就是这部电影是德语配音,英文字幕.
B:That happens a lot in non-English speaking countries.这种情况在非英语国家很常见.
A:I heard that The Return of the King was nominated for 11 Oscars.我听说国王归来获得了11项奥斯卡提名.
B:Actually, they not only had 11 nominations, but they won 11 Oscars, too!其实不仅仅是荣获11项提名,它还获得了11项奥斯卡奖!