A:I'd like to help pitch in with dinner. 我想帮忙煮晚饭。
B:Really? You are joking? 真的?你开玩笑吧?
A:No,I'd like to do something special for you on your birthday. 不是,我是想生日的时候为你做点特别的事情啊。
B:I'd like that. Alright,put on this apron first. 我很高兴你这么做。好吧,先把围裙带上。
A:OK.Now how can I help,hon? 好了。现在我该怎么做,亲爱的?
B:Hmm,let me see. Boil some water,and then whisk two eggs. 嗯,让我想想。烧些热水,然后打两个鸡蛋。
A:Easy,I can do that with my eyes closed.Done. 太容易了,我闭着眼睛都能做。好了。
B:Not bad. OK,now take some meat and potatoes from the fridge. 不错啊。好,从冰箱里拿些肉和土豆出来吧。
A:How many potatoes do you need? 你需要几个土豆?
B:Three. And bring four bell peppers. 三个。还有四个菜椒。
A:Gotcha,OK. Here they are. 知道了,好啦。拿来了。
B:Now wash them, then dice the potatos and bell peppers,then slice the meat. 把它们洗一下,然后把土豆和菜椒切成丁,把肉切成丝。
A:Where is the peeler ? 去皮刀放哪儿了?
B:It's in the cabinet. Adam,The gas cooker doesn't work. 在柜子里。亚当,燃气灶不好用了。
A:What? Oh shit!I cut my finger. 什么?哦,老天!我切到手指了。
B:Let me take a look at that. I can't stop the bleeding.We need to go to the hospital. 让我看看。血止不住。我们得上医院。
A:I guess cooking is not as easy as I thought. 煮饭可真没我想那么简单。