A:Hello, Deva, how are you?嗨,迪娃,你好吗?
B:Can't complain. What about you?还行吧,你呢?
A:Not bad. Have you heard Wendy divorced her husband?还成。你听说了吗?温迪和她的外国丈夫离婚了。
B:I've heard. She looks quite depressed.嗯,听说了。温迪看上去闷闷不乐的。
A:Yes. They used to be joined at the hip.是啊,他们以前好得如胶似漆。
B:I heard they were just married for 5 months.可是我听说他们结婚才5个月。
A:Yes, she said they couldn't communicate well with each other and they often argued over trivial things.是啊,温迪说他们沟通不好,经常为一些小事吵架。
B:Yeah. Mixed marriage is tempting but crisis-ridden.是啊,跨国婚姻虽然很吸引人,但是隐藏着危机。
A:You said it. You know, they fall in love at first sight and quickly jumped into marriage.是这样。他们一见钟情,然后就草草结婚。
B:Maybe they were just attracted to each other but too different to be married.也许当时他们只是互相吸引,但是差别太大,不适合结婚。
A:Yeah. We Chinese have quite different lifestyles and values from foreigners.对啊,我们中国人和外国人的生活方式,价值观念相差太大。
B:Definitely. That's why many cross-cultural marriages end in divorce.的确如此,所以许多跨国婚姻都以失败告终。
A:We've heard so much about Chinese film stars divorcing foreigners.经常听说某个中国影星和外国人离婚了。
B:That's true.Just hope Wendy can recover from the pain of divorce soon.的确。希望温迪尽快从离婚的阴影中走出来吧。