1、 departure and arrival出发与到达
kim’s note:
these are the three most important steps for a successful trip abroad. mastering these dialogues will increase your confidence because they will make you well prepared! these are the exact words you will hear all over the world.
(1)checking in for a flight 办理登机手续
a:where will you be flying today?
你今天去哪里?
b:los angeles.
洛杉矶。
a:may i see your ticket, passport, and visa, please?
请出示您的机票、护照和签证吗?
b:here you go. my visa’s on page six of my passport.
都在这儿了。签证在护照第六页。
a:would you like a window or an aisle seat?
你要靠窗口的座位还是靠过道的座位?
b:aisle, please. 请给我靠过道的座位。
a:i have 13a available. are you checking any luggage?
我可以给你13a座。你有几件行李?
b:two pieces.
两件。
a:here’s your boarding pass. the plane will board half an hour prior to departure. you’ll be leaving from gate three, on your left.
这是你的登机牌。起飞前半小时开始登机。从3号门出发,就在你的左边。
b:thank you. 谢谢。
(2)going through customs 通过海关
welcome to los angeles international airport. please have your passport and immigration forms ready.
欢迎各位来到洛杉矶国际机场。请准备好您的护照和入境表格。
a:what’s the purpose of your visit? business or pleasure?
你来访的目的是什么?经商还是旅游?
【this sentence is also asked by friends and people you meet when traveling.这句话也同样适用于旅游期间人们或朋友之间的互相问候。】
b:pleasure. 旅游。
a:how long will you be staying in the united states?
你打算在美国呆多长时间?
b:three months.
三个月。
a:ok. please proceed to customs.
好的。请去海关办理手续。
a:do you have any dairy or meat products with you?
你是否带有奶制品或肉制品?
b:no. 没有。
a: any fruits or vegetables?
有没有带水果或蔬菜?
b: no.
没有。
a:ok, you’re all set.
行了,你没事了。
(3) renting a car 租车
a:hi, i’d like to rent a car for a week.
你好,我想租一辆车用一个星期。
b:what kind would you like?
你想租什么样的车?
a:a compact.
小车。
b:may i see your driver’s license and have your credit card?
可以看一下您的驾驶执照和信用卡吗?
a:will my international license do?
国际驾驶执照可以吗?
b:sure. just fill out this form. write your address here, and sign your name on the bottom of the page. unlimited mileage and the mandatory collision insurance are included.
当然可以。请填一下这张表。把你的地址写在这儿,在末尾签上名字。你租的车里程不受限制,而且有规定的碰撞保险。
a:do i have to return the car to this location?
车用完后是否得交回到这里?
b:no, you can drop it off at any of our local branches.
不用,你可以交回我们在本地的任何分支。
a:the keys are in the car?
钥匙在车里吗?
b:yes. our complimentary bus to the parking lot is through the door to your right.
是的。从右边的门出去,我们有便车带您去停车场。